Matthew D. Woelfle
Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences
University of Washington
Office: 722 ATG
Email: woelfle at atmos.washington.edu
Vitae in pdf format.
- Controls on tropical precipitation
- The double-ITCZ problem in coupled climate models
- Coupled climate feedbacks
- Co-Organizer, Tropical Journal Club (2016-present)--Meet weekly to discuss papers related to tropical meteorology, climatology, and atmosphere-ocean interactions. A listing of past discussions can be found here
- Organizer, Seminal Papers Journal Club (2014-2015)--Met biweekly to discuss important and foundational papers pertaining to all aspects of atmospheric science. A listing of past discussions can be found here.
- Treasurer, UW Student Chapter of the American Meteorological Society (2013-present)
- Woelfle, M.D., S. Yu, C.S. Bretherton, & M.S. Pritchard (2017). Sensitivity of coupled tropical Pacific model biases to convective parameterization in CESM1. J Adv Model Earth Sy, submitted for publication.
- Webb, M.J., & coauthors (2015): The impact of parametrized convection on cloud feedback. Phil Trans R Soc A, 373, 20140414, doi: 10.098/rsta.2014.0414. Official Link
- Woelfle, M.D., C.S. Bretherton, & D.M.W. Frierson (2015). Time scales of response to antisymmetric surface fluxes in an aquaplanet GCM, Geophys Res Lett, 42, doi: 10.1002/2015GL063372. Official Link
- Herron-Thorpe, F.L., Mount, G.H., Emmons, L.K., Lamb, B.K., Jaffe, D.A., Wigder, N.L., Chung, S.H., Zhang, R., Woelfle, M.D., & Vaughan, J.K. (2014). Air quality simulations of wildfires in the Pacific Northwest evaluated with surface and satellite observations during the summers of 2007 and 2008. Atmos Chem Phys, 14, 12533-12551, doi:10.5194/acp-14-12533-2014. Official Link
Woelfle, M. D. (2015), An investigation of the time scales of development of the double-ITCZ bias, M. S. Thesis, 73 pp., Univ. of Wash., Seattle, WA.
Last Updated: 2016-09-30